All fields are required.MONTEREY 2016 CONSIGNMENTS
CONTACT A CONSIGNMENT SPECIALIST
Vehicle to be offered for Auction sale WITHOUT RESERVE and SOLD to the highest bidder August 18th – 20th, 2016 at Russo and Steele’s 16th Annual Monterey, California Auction. Please contact us for more information.
The TC was the first postwar MG, launched in 1945. It was quite similar to the pre-war TB, sharing the same 1,250 cc (76 cu. in.) pushrod-OHV engine with a slightly higher compression ratio of 7.4:1 giving 54.5 bhp at 5,200 rpm. The makers also provided several alternative stages of tuning for “specific purposes.” It was exported to the United States, even though only ever built in right-hand drive. The export version had slightly smaller U.S.-specification sealed-beam headlights and larger twin rear lights, as well as turn signals and chrome-plated front and rear bumpers.
The body was approximately 4 inches (100 mm) wider than the TB measured at the rear of the doors to give more cockpit space. The overall car width remained the same resulting in narrower running boards with two tread strips as opposed to the previous three. The tachometer was directly in front of the driver, while the speedometer was on the other side of the dash in front of the passenger. In all, 10,001 TCs were produced from September 1945 (chassis number TC0251) to November 1949 (chassis number TC10251), more than any previous MG model. It cost £527 on the Home Market in 1947.
A complete frame-off restoration was performed on this TC in Canada approximately 12 years ago. Numbers matching engine, chassis, all original body panels and dash. The previous owner kept it at his home in British Columbia until 2 years ago, when he moved to Palm Springs. Having covered only 2,200 miles since restoration, it is in fine working order, fun-to-drive and ready to be driven, shown, or just plain enjoyed!